Saturday, September 18, 2010

Grand Teton or Bust (Leaving Yellowstone)

It was bound to happen.  I had to leave Yellowstone.  That was really hard.  Got to see some great stuff.  I even got to see some cool stuff on the way out.  My lips are literally falling apart.  They're cracked.  Or cracking.  When I eat they split open.  My face is chaped.  But it was so incredible.  I wouldn't change a thing.  I loved it.  I took a couple pictures heading to Grand Teton National Park but not much.  It's a very nice place.  I just didn't have enough time to see much.  I'd like to spend about three or four days here next time.  I know that the kids would love this place.  There's lots to do.  Snake River float trips boat rentals on Jackson lake.  It's really nice.  Our lodge was pretty nice also.


I had to include our departure from Madison campground.  It became fun to get up and cook in the morning in the end.  Bacon and eggs over a fire.  It helps to have really good bacon.











A parting shot of an elk walking though our campsite.  Seems appropriate.  He was leaving us and we were leaving Yellowstone.  We were both headed somewhere.  He was really big.  You can just barely see him though the pines.









This was the view from our camground.  You can see a lone Bison roaming the banks of the Madison.  The morning was really nice.  And it didn't get too cold the evening before.  So that was cool to.  I've grown used to camping.  It doesn't bother me at all.














We didn't have a chance to see the Lower Geyser basin on our trip up to the Madison.  So, we stoped during the drive to the Tetons.  It's not quite as spectacular as Midway.  But it's still a very interesting place.














More of this stuff.  I love that it's all over and I would probably take a picture of it everytime I saw it.  It would probably make for very boring blog though.  Each one I pass is unique and just a wonderful shade of light purple.  Im sure it's just a weed but it's so cool.








There are lots of these around the geysers.  It's difficult for me to say how most of them died. They look so cool against the sandy soil and immpossibly blue skies.  Very dead but very cool.















A view of what I thought was the Grand Tetons but was actually Mt. Moran.  Ignorance is bless.  It's still a great shot.  Especially when it's in full size.











The Snake River.  I was fishing this spot and starting to make some progress when dad informed me that he'd locked the keys to my truck in the truck.  Ahhhh.  Of course.  Something like this always happens.  Oh well.  A passer-by took us to Jackson Lake Lodge and a guy got us in.  It's not an adventure unless you lock your keys in the car with your wallet and cell phone.






Our lodge.  We stayed in Colter Bay.  It's really nice.  There's lots of small cabins and it was very comfortable.  I'd go again for sure.











All in all it was a really nice place. I just wasn't able to spend much time there.  I guess I need a reason to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment