Friday, September 10, 2010

Where I'm headed

Tomorrow I'll leave for Red Lodge and a trip through the Beartooth highway.  I'm positive that it will be epic.  Check this site out about Red Lodge http://www.redlodge.com/.  Guess what kicks off tomorrow in Red Lodge.  The second annual Oktoberfest.  Do you suppose The Klapperschlange would fit in?  I think so.  I may have to stick around a little longer and see.  But the real fun starts just after Red Lodge on the Beartooth highway.  The late Charles Kuralt describes it as "the most beautiful drive in America".  And if you can't trust Charles Kuralt then who can you trust.  You can find bits and pieces of information about it but it still seems kind of hidden from most Americans.  Which makes it seem that much more of an adventure for me.  It was by accident that I found it.  The following links provide misc. pictures to give you some idea.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/8207442
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/37934663

I can't wait to take my own.  Of course all of you will just need to come here and find out in person how incredible this part of the country is.  Don't take my word for it.  I can say that the minute the sun breaks the horizon I will fly into my clothing and bust into Big Sky Country taking pictures of any and everything that crosses my path.

1 comment:

  1. If my memory serves me right Charles was know as Klapperschlange Kuralt. He pioneered telecommunicans with klapperschlange in the 1050's.

    ReplyDelete