Thursday, September 16, 2010

Yellowstone Day 4

This may have been the best day here.  We saw soo much.  It was really incredible.  My mouth was sore.  And my eyes were stuck wide open.  Most people were that way.  If we had tails we'd have surely wagged them off by now.  At this point we headed South through the interior of the park.  An incredibly scenic place.  We went through the Yellowstone Canyon, Hayden Valley, Sulphur Caldron and some other misc. places.

This picture was taken just as we left Tower Falls near Dunraven Pass I believe.  You can't really see it from the picture but there was a fire far out in the distance.  I heard that it was intentionally set by the park.  So, no big deal.  Everything is ok.









This was near the North rim of the Yellowstone canyon.  It's a huge raven.  These things are big!  And there all over.  Really cool that you can get so close.  I'm pretty sure that they could take off with small child if so desired.









This is a great shot of the Yellowstone and the canyon.  If you see nothing for the rest of your life you should see this.  It's humbling.  I just sat there and said nothing.  The roaring falls took the words from my mouth.














This is a great shot that I had to hike to to get.  The larger version really is incredible.  The falls are soo loud even from that distance.  The river color in the canyon is of brilliant green highlighted by the raging white.  Spectacular.  There's a place further back called inspiration point.  Great name.













 This was a stop I made at a pull off that showed a spectacular view of the Yellowstone slowing moving through a huge valley.  Bison roam all over this place.















It's a lazy day for the Bison near the Yellowstone.  They know that it won't be this way for long.  Last night it was 29 degrees and it's early September.  When it starts getting cold the food become more difficult for them to find and survival will change dramatically.  This place is beautiful but it's also unforgiving.













Sulphor Caldron.  Very hot and stinks of Sulphor.  This place is very much active.  It's a thick, hot stew of white and grey boiling mud.  Not a good place to fall into or attempt bathing.















Yellowstone lake.  I needed this bench and the breeze coming of the lake was so relaxing.  Just sat there and took it all in.  I didn't want to leave.  I could have stayed there forever.  I've got some other good stuff from Day 4 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment