Monday, September 13, 2010

Shoshone National Park

Man.  This part of the country just keeps it coming.  I mean everytime that you turn around you find something else.  You could probably spend the rest of your life up here with a camera and cover a fraction of it.  This place is really incredible.  There's water falls and open expanses and just... on and on.

I believe this was Beartooth Lake.  It's crystal clear.  I really wanted to just jump in this thing.  Unfortunately, there are freshwater yellowstone sharks.  Hahahah.  No just kidding.  But there are Grizzlies.  And there are signs about that everywhere.








I believe this is Clark Falls or Fork.  It's been a day or two and I'm kind of fuzzy on that one.  It's enormous and just falls right down the side of a mountain. 















Same place.  I climbed way down to get this shot.  The water raging right past me and droped off like 80 or 90 feet.  There were these huge trees that had ended up just below me and were stuck there.  It was so loud.  And the spray from the water was really nice.








This really is a good display of the landscape here.  Mountains are everywhere.  Trees everywhere.  And fresh clean air.  It's so fresh.  No smog.  Just fresh and clean.  And completely perfect and untouched.  Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Pristine America. Again great pictures. We need to plan a week of lunch photo shows in the lab when you get back so we can take in your best Ansel Adams. Now you know how he felt.

    ReplyDelete